My payment was still within the grace period time when they began harassing me.They told me that a police officer was at the car lot I purchased my car from with a warrant for my arrest for theft!

First of all, why would the police go there and not my home address if they were looking for me? Second of all, it was amazing how when I made the payment, the warrant was magically lifted!

Before anyone says "Pay your bills on time",whatever, whether I pay them on time or not, there are still laws as to how they go about collecting!They can not threaten or harass me!

Review about: Westlake Financial Services Loan.

Had an Experience with Westlake Financial Services?

Comments

all they do is threat'n you- I came accross hard times and made a tough decision to just let them take my rig.So of course the phone calls and threats came everyday but I would keep telling them to just come get it.

But no one would come even though apparently they were right around the corner. I told them thats fine, keys are in it. But no one came. Again I would get phone calls from someone claiming they are near by to repo my rig if I didn't pay.

I forgot how many times this happened but it went on for 3 to 4 months and I never paid them one cent.Then I got a call from someone wanting to know if they could help and after some negotiating I got my payments reduced and I still have my rig...But I still get 3-4 calls daily, I just ignore them now since I know everything is current.

If westlake states there is an officer with a warrant coming to your house make sure you have a witness to the convo or have it recorded.

It,s against the law to make such statements or to misrepresent yourself as an officer of the law.

If they say investigator, ask if it's private or law enforcement. Any consumer loan is a civil matter not a police matter.

I ci-signed for a vehicle financed through Westlake.

The person I co-signed for never made a payment so I became responsible, I took possesion of the vehicle and started making payments on time plus had it fully insured.

Here comes the problem, I couldnt get the vehicle registered in my state as Westlake didnt have the paperwork for me to do so, I paid on a vehicle for 21/2 years that wasn't allowed on the road because of no tag.

I've called the title department numerous times to get the vehicle registered. They told me they were going to send certified letters to my address in the name of the person I co-signed for and not to accept them so they could establish she didn't live here.....the letters never came. After 2 1/2 years of paying and putting up with their lies I drew the line in the sand and told them I wasn't going to make another payment till the DMV received the paperwork to register the vehicle, lo and behold after 2 months of non-payment a title appears at the DMV so I could register the car, this after 2 1/2 years of calling back and forth with their title dept.

I called Westlake and told a woman who wouldn't identify herself that since i was able to register the car I wanted to pay the back poay plus late fees, this woman went off on me calling me childish and a bad person to business with and hung-up,prior to her rant I told her I was putting her on speaker phone so I had witnesses of the convo, she told me she didn't care...

Interesting as I am filing suit against Westlake as there are 2 sales contracts to this vehicle, I was not able to register the car for 2 1/2 years and even the DMV told me something was fishy and that maybe westlake didn,t even have the title...that's why I refused to pay after 2 1/2 years for a car that was parked in the driveway with no tag.

I wish them goodluck recovering the car as it has a 200 pound chain welded to the frame around an oak tree till this is solved in civil court.

never do business with this company, they are shady, I can,t understand their staff as they all have heavy accents and the music they play while you wait for hours to get someone on the phone sucks.

"whatever or whether you pay you bill on time"!!!!are you serious dude this is why most people dont have symphathy for people like you i sure dont because you have that deadbeat mentality.

there are laws about them collecting yes but what about westlakes right dont they have a right to know why someone is neglecting to not pay them back THEIR money. why someone who signed a contract stating that they would make their payment on the 1st still has not payed their payment and its already the 25th of the month.miss cristal you said that you understand if it was 30 days past due. dont treat us like idiots that you apparently are and think that we are buying your story. you said that you told them that you would make two pymts.

geez i wonder why? maybe because you defaulted on the previous months payment and you have to make 2 payments to catch up. hey so how many days is that? 30 no????

so you should not *** that they would threathen to take you car away i sure would not loan my car to a dead beat like you. and how should they do their jobs miss cristal? let people skip their pymts whenever they want ya typical for a deadbeat like you to think that way.oh and "what a nightmare" they changed your due date because you didnt make you pymts in the first place!!!! then they give u more time because of it and you still cant make you *** pymts in time!!!!!!

you people complain and complain but its funny how you only give people half the truth. "they...

people need to except responsibility for their finances and stop saying " its only one day late" like its not any kind of issue.people like that are a drain in our society and should not be given any chance to build their credit since you know that they will screw it up anyway

Hey rosie ill explain it to u!!!!!ur so dumb and irresponsible that u seriously admitted to us that westlake sent u ur statements but u decided not to look at it for 3 months and u are seriously ***!

U really are a deadbeat... what *** does not check up on their CAR LOAN STATEMENT for three months???

Are u seriously asking people to explain that to u??How old are u????

#220377

I too purchased a vehicle that was financed by Westlake and I cannot wait until they're paid off in February.They've changed my due date from the 15th to the 10th of every month, added $30 to my payments and keep harassing my family and I when the payment is a few days late until I get my paycheck.

They call my mother threatening her, saying they know I live there and she has to tell them where my truck is. I'm a grown married woman with my own home. I never gave them my new address when I moved out of fear that they'd take my vehicle when it's almost paid off. They're rude, they will hang up on you, threaten family and friends, say the police will be involved (which is ***, it's a civil matter and police do not get involved with creditors and debtors over a late truck payment).

When asked to speak with someone in charge about my account they had me on hold for an hour until they hung up.

I kept calling but no one would ever answer back, it's a joke.Never purchase a vehicle when you find that it is financed by this company.

#220375

They're rude, they will hang up on you, threaten family and friends, say the police will be involved (which is ***, it's a civil matter and police do not get involved with creditors and debtors over a late truck payment).Never purchase a vehicle when you find that it is financed by this company.

an "officer" doesnt necessarily mean a "police officer" you fckin ***

To LOL:

I pray and I hope that you never fall on hard times, as you seem to have no sympathy for those who are trying.I had my car for three years, paid on time or before time every month.

6 months before I was done with my car payments they changed my due date from the 16th to the 1st without my authorization. Wasn't until three months after, when I looked at the bill that I realized what these A@$holes had done, since my payments were coming out of my account as soon as I got paid I never took a look at the statements. So now I have these late fees and such, because THEY decided to change my due date. Then they take my car one month shy of me paying it off (minus the late fees).

Please explain that to me since you have all the answers and we are the deadbeats.:x

JessieLilley

It doesn't matter if you pay the bills on time or not.They call you every day to remind you that you'll have your car repo'd if you dont' pay on time.

I'd rather deal with a loan shark.At least there you know what you're getting from the git go.