2.3K views

Westlake Financial called me today because my payment is two days late. I explained to the rep that I mailed the payment instead of paying the five dollars in order to pay my payment online or on the phone.

The rep immediately started harrassing me for no reason. I've never NOT paid this company for the six months I've had the car. Every month my payment is made within the grace period.

It seems they could do something better than harrass their paying customers. In addition, I asked the rep why was he calling me on the 16th and the payment was due on the 13th.

He said you are just late and you need to tell us how you made the payment or we'll come get the car.

This is ridiculous and no one needs to be spoken to that way.

Comments

:cry

They have the rudest employees I have ever met in my life.....

they have called me 5 or 8 times dayly for 1/12 yrs over a payment i already payed up to date and iv made my payment every mo.. since then.

they even call me at 11 at night. these r alltrue statments no kidding....god help me.

i owe 2,000. but when im done they said in 2013 i will owe an other 6000.00 iv already put 3000.oo down an paid 7000.00 after u add the 2000.00 please God stop these evil people im to old for this.

i pay my bills 9 times out of 10 early the other its on time.till i lost my job and was depending on unemployment,which they take away for dumb reasons and make u jump through hoops to get it back.well i finally did 9 months later.and no i didnt pay my truck payment for nine months but i out ran the repo man on several occasions sneeky little bastards they are didnt realize i was only paying 15000 for the truck 5000 down finance and intrest brought 17000or so but i put 8000 into performance parts and suspension and 22 by 12 in rims and tires yeah i know i could have payed off the truck with that money but i would not have built up my credit score to a 780.since i lost my job my credit score is a 235 with derogatory statments about me boo *** hoo still got my truck and them *** cant catch it even if they knew where to look for it.even still i try to make my payment on time,why well after all the bs its almost payed off

Yeah i get it. People need to pay their bill on time.

but there is no excuse to sit there and call people atleast a day before their bill is due to remind them, which i have experienced. They will call several times a day. I have complained to one of the supervisors who told me that it was automated and they cant control the calls until your bill is paid. Even after i set up a payment for the following business day i continued to receive calls until it cleared my account.

i will never get a loan through them again. Thankfully i only got a few more payments!

Hey genius never in your contract does it say that you are guarenteed a 10 day grace period. the grace period is for you not to aquire a late charge your contract that YOU signed says that your due date is on the 11th not the 13th!!!!your right though they should not threathen you with repo but when you late on your pymt your late clear as crystal.

you mailed your payment to avoid the fee thats fine but you are dumb to think that the letter will teleport to westlake as soon as you put it in the mail. it takes time genious!

you shuld have sent if off since last week to make your due date. you wont aquire a late charge within the 10 days but no one ever says that you wont get calls about that payment if its not done on time.

btw let me explain to you what rosie is not telling you. she complains that they changed her due date from the 16th to the 1st.

what she is not telling you is that she was more than 15 days late on her pymt. collections only does that in the beginning of the month when these people still have not sent in their payments. she is also not telling you that because they did that she gets to skip that month they did the due date change on. she also is saying that they call your contacts when your one day late.....

***!!! customer service does not even have access to those numbers. only the collections department does and they are obviously call when deadbeats like rosie are avoiding them. as for the fact that she said that they call at all times of the day and night.

what she probably is not telling you is all the times that she is ignoring the calls or not making any attempt to take care of her car payment. you should have gone with wachoviua but its obvious that your credit sucked so bad that they would have gone running when they checked out your credit report :grin

lol sorry i had to laugh. i used t work at westlake and do you actually think that they cant take your car if you dont pay within 3 months!!!

read the contract. by that time you would be in 90 day coll and it would have destroyed your credit. and most likely would have to deal with their legal dept. i understand though the collections dept is rude and ruthless sometimes but maybe people should pay their bills before they hit 30 days.

all i ever got was people complaing about how we always call well maybe its because we LOANED you money and we are calling to collect on it. its ridiculous sometimes when you call these people who are more than a month late and are upset that we keep calling its like aare you seriously asking why we call. i mean i understand a day or so but come on. all these people do is but something that they cant afford and get upset when westlake calls and asks why they are over a month late.

would you leave you electricity or water pymt unppaid for a month no they would shut it off!

people need to practice responsibility its called life!!! you dont wants bills then maybe you should not have signed a contract!!!

to troy #1174474

I have been westlake for 7 months now. I have been on time every single month, until this month.

My payment was due June 14th, I paid it in full on the 16th (yesterday) because my check was late. Well, after I paid it all, I had called to see why my account had not been added to my credit report yet, she said I had to resend in all my information and that she would add me as delinquent because I was 2 days late. Is there a grace period at all where I don't get added as delinquent? I just thought it was crazy.

2 days, and because of something out of my control. I've never even been late, I never got a phone call or anything saying I would be marked as delinquent.

I just don't want on that on there. I'm trying to build my credit.

#204231

I HAVE BEEN HARRASSED JUST THE SAME AS YOU AND WHEN I WAS TALKING TO ONE OF THE EMPLOYEES ABOUT THE LOAN PAYMENT SHE GOT RUDE AND HUNG UP ON ME, NOBODY DESERVES TO BE TREATED IN THIS MANNER AND I CAUTION ANYONE APPLYING FOR A LOAN TO RUN, AS FAST AS YOU CAN.. THEY LEGALLY CANT PICKUP YOUR CAR UNLESS YOU ARE AT LEAST 3 MONTHS LATE SO JUST LAUGH AND HANG UP ON THEM BECAUSE THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO SCARE YOU THEY ALSO TOLD US THAT THEY HAD A LOW JACK ON THE CAR AND WILL SHUT IT DOWN LOL I CALLED THERE BLUFF.....

IT WAS A LIE. :p

This Company is a JOKE... First they called me 3 days BEFORE my payment was due to remind me it was due.

I told them I was a grown man, and didnt need reminding (thats a nice way of saying it) and that I did not expect another call to remind me of my payment being due.

Then I was behind on my payment and they pulled my phone records and called a buddy of mine, who they had no clue who he was or anything... I asked how they got his number, they said that i had put it on my contact list, i was like I didnt know him two years ago when I bought it.. they back tracked and said they didnt have to reveal how they got it?

Well the FTC, the Dealers Association in California, BBB and im about to call Channel 8 news reporter on them... :(

I have had no problems with them and there has been a few times I was a couple days late. They have 2 options if you know you cant make your payment...1.

Extension (you get this once) and 2.

Change payment date (it gives you another MONTH and you get this option 2 times during the life of your loan). But you have to let them know BEFORE payment is due.

I will admit when they call for a late payment, they are jerks, but I havent experience anything threatening or harassing.

I CAN"T STAND WESTLAKE .....THE PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR THEM ARE LOW LIFES.. THAT HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO... THE LOVE TALKING TRASH.....PLEASE $7/HR MAKING AN HOUR A## THAT PROBABLY DOES HAVE A CAR HIM?HER SELF.....

these people have no right to talk or treat people like they do on the phone with such phrases as " what's more important to you your car or house, your car should be more important" . Or how about if your hours are cut at your job such is the case with me , i was told to get a second job. this is from a $8.00hr ***.

I've made my payments on time and I've not heard one word from them. Sign up for automatic payment plan, and it's a no brainer.

We understand that the grace period is not a requirement, but when these jerks change your due date from the 16th to the 1st without your authorization is that not a requirement of the law for them to get your authorization first?? Or when they call of your contacts and threaten to come get your car, when you are a day late, is that a requirement of the law?

Or even better, when they call and harrass you at all times of the day and night, how does that work out with the law?? WESTLAKE FINANCIAL IS A BS Company and needs not be in business. How did I become a customer of the company, well it came down to which company had the lowest payments.

I should have gone with Wachovia, much more professional there. :(

:) I agree.. Westlake financial deals with people that cant get a loan through other financial companies. They can give you a late charge, but as a courtesy they give you 10 extra days, It is not requiredl

REALLY!!?? Are you serious?!

Make your payment on time BEFORE the due date and life will be good!

Stay current and rebuild your credit and then you can use a REAL BANK not this last chance bank! They are good enough to loan money but want to be paid back..ON TIME!!

I've had similar problems with Westlake including them telling me that regardless if I mailed in a payment that I still needed to give them a check over the phone or pay with my credit card as I had done in the past. I told the rep that the "credit card" was my check card attached to my checking account which did not have the money to cover a payment.

The rep didn't care and demanded I "post date" a check. I refused and asked to speak to the supervisor. The rep stated he didn't have a supervisor and I would only talk to him. Since that day I've receieved phone calls from them claiming to be the repo man or an attorney or an police officer.

They use a 323 number (showing up on my caller id simply as 323) along with "anonymous". I've since blocked anonymous and private numbers.

They have my current payment and if they don't want to post it that's their decision however I do have copies of the date it was purchased and sent.

You do know that a grace period is a courtesy that the company offers and it is not a requirment of the law, right?!! A grace period is a time frame they give you to make your payment after your due date with out receiving a late fee, however, that does not mean you are not late and for that matter not honoring the contract.

When you fail to honor the contract Westlake has the right to excute the rights you agreed to on the contract. Make your payments on or before the due date and trust me you will be ok! Make your payments after the due date each month and guess what any company will try to collect what you owe them!!

I've had a loan with Westlake for over a year and I have no complaints! :zzz :( :(