Fredericksburg, Virginia
1.9
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent said at that point there was nothing he could do i would now have to pay $1448.98. I chose to record the conversation so there were no discrepancy as thats a whole lot of money.. I was told i would need to pay the full amount at Western Union or Money Gram as they cant process a credit card over the phone. I agreed. I was then told after making payment i would need to call in the confirmation number and then fax proof of income, 3 references and proof of residency... mind you this is MY LOAN ALREADY FINANCED AND ALL THIS INFORMATION WAS ALREADY GIVEN!!!! even still i agreed to do so. The agent said it would take 2-3 hours to process the information and release my vehicle. A few hours passed I decided to again call and get the break down of why it was so much money.. mind you again this call ALSO recorded. I was told that they could push some of the repo fees tonthen end of the loan bringing the balance owed to $1098.89 this agent again stated what the forst agent did.. make the payment, call in the confirmation number and fax documents. He stated after that it would take 2-3 hours to process and release my vehicle.

On the morning of 10/27/2016 Payment was made by Western Union in the amount of $1250.00 MORE THAN OWED! I then called in the confirmation to Westlake Financial and Faxed documents. I did as inwas told by the agen and waited 2 hours and called tonsee if my release on my vehicle was done so i could secure MY VEHICLE and imagine my surprise to be told by the agent that it can take 24-48 HOURS to release the vehicle. WHAT!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Even better the customer has to keep calling and calling to see of the vehicle has been released as they have NO TIME FRAME AND NO SYSTEM for letting the customer know they can get their vehicle. My van is in a tow yard 1 hour from my home. I have NO CLUE when they will finally release my van.. the agents have no idea other than to say "your car is not the only repo we will get to it". Keep calling, it will be released soon. Oh and best of all THE CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR STORAGE FEES AFTER THEYVE MADE THEIR PAYMENT WHILE WESTLAKE DRAGS THEIR FEET FOR DAYS AT OUR EXPENSE. Currently, ive made my payment and have ANOTHER $35.00 owed to the tow company because Westlake didnt release it by close of day even though the payment was made and accounted for HOURS AND HOURS prior!

It is currently almost 8pm payment was made 8 hours ago and when i contacted them 15 minutes ago they still havent released my vehicle and haven't even STARTED the paperwork to!!!

I was convinced im not the only customer whos had this issue sonafter a little research o found over 100 complaints same issue, Westlake not releasing vehicles after fees have been paid. Im attaching photos.

Review about: Westlake Financial Services Auto Loan.

Had an Experience with WestLake Financial Services?

Comments

WestlakeCustomerService
Los Angeles, California, United States #1235467

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services.We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously.

We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner.If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Auburndale, Florida, United States #1233252

Well guess what Einstein...it was YOU who caused the repo by not making your payments.It was YOU who caused all the additional work.

You can cry, whine, wail and stomp your feet all you want but the bottom line is you aren't entitled to a free car.It was you who defaulted on the loan but in typical serial deadbeat fashion it's all their fault, right?

to Anonymous #1322033

Reguardless of what caused the repo doesn't matter.The whole point is...

it doesn't take a week to release a vehicle PERIOD. It's the way they do business!

I've since refinanced because their company sucks as a whole and customer service SUCKS!!!Hence the reason they have so many complaints with the BBB pretty much speaks for itself!

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States #1233162

UPDATE: 10/28/2016:

It's been 24 hours since payment was sent Western Union to Westlake Financial and since I sent them all required documents.My vehicle STILL has not been released.

Contacted the company AGAIN this morning. Was told by the agent that she doesn't see the confirmation of payment.. I tell her I called it in yesterday AND the first thing the automated system told me upon calling Westlake was that my last payment was recieved on 10/27/2016 in the amount of $1250.00 and posted to my account on 10/27/2016.. I tell her this and she says well it's not showing in the system I will put it in now and it will take 24-48 hours to process.

Mind you it's already been 24 hours. I ask for a manager to take the call the manager takes the call, reviews the notes and states she will email the correct department for release of the vehicle. However, she can't give a time frame for when it could be released but Monday at the latest. Now, you mean to tell me payment was made Thursday morning and it takes until Monday to EMAIL a *** letter to a tow lot to release my vehicle?!?!

FOUR DAYS!!!! MEANWHILE I am being charged $35.00 for every single day it sits there because this incompetent company can't do there job!!

And repo vehicles that are 14 days past due!!!Shameless!!!

to Anonymous #1321741

Doing THEIR job?Guess what?

If YOU did YOUR job paying your bills on time, you wouldn't have been repo'ed! They've been after you to make your payment and now you want them to drop everything just to kiss your rear end.

Guess what Deadbeat?It doesn't work that way!

to Anonymous #1322031

Maybe you should re-read the post it wasn't about them doing "their job" it was about the horrible customer service that allows them to tell customers what they want them to hear and not doing what they say ***!!! Far from being a dead beat!!