Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I received a call today from Westlake Financial stating that they had taken over my account with Pelican.I did not agree to this and had no prior knowledge of this, so I questioned it.

After being on hold for close to an hour so they could find managers, i was told by both that this was a "business decision" I wanted more information they would not give it to me. After some searching I found that Westlake had a lawsuit against them for deceptive and unlawful trade practices, including misleading consumers about the price of automobiles, concealing and misrepresenting the terms of sale and financing, and failing to inspect the automobiles. The terms of this lawsuit for people to file new complaints conveniently ran out March 11 and here March 16 they have "taken over" 75 million in car loans. Anyone who this this is a coincidence is out of their mind.

I will not do business with them, this is unbelievably shandy and I can't understand how it is legal at all. They will provide no information only a number to Pelican if you have questions that goes to an automated voicemail.

They have told me my payment now to them is due in 7 days, yet i have received nothing from them with any information other than this one phone call where they would not give me any information other than to tell me I had to give them money.I just can't believe this is legal.

Review about: Westlake Financial Services Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: I do not want to have any type of business relationship with this company. I did not choose this company and would never choose this company. .

I didn't like: Cutomer service, Management staff, Shady business practices, Deceitful.

Comments

I to am in the same boat.I do not want to use this company for my loan.

I was not informed of this change in order to find another company to take my loan to. I called to make my payment as i have done many times and was told they can not take payment from American express. I was given several bad options to make my payment. One was to go to a 7-11 and use some payment method i have never heard of.

I really dont like this company and my interaction with customer dis service made it clear.I dont know how this company cant take my card as Pelican took it no issue.

WestlakeCustomerService

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake.We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously.

We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner.If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192