Winchester, Kentucky
2.8K views

Purchased a 2003 Ford Expedition in late July 2014 and was financed through Westlake Financial Services. I received a letter a few days later stating that my loan was denied, although I had already signed papers and was in possession of the vehicle.

This was the only communication I received, other than a couple calls asking about my experience. My August 2014 payment was due on the 28th, but I could not make it by then. On September 18th, my vehicle was repossessed. On September 26th I got a notice that I needed to make my payment or my vehicle would be subject to repossession (It had already been repossessed 8 days earlier.).

On Monday, September 29th I received a notice that my vehicle would be sent to auction at some time after 8 AM that morning. I called Westlake and was told that if I could make my payment that day my vehicle would be held from going to auction. I borrowed money and sent a MoneyGram, then called Westlake. The representative told me OK, then just hung up on me.

On Wednesday, October 1st I got curious and so called the place that repossessed my vehicle. I was informed that my vehicle had been sent to auction on Saturday, September 27th. I called the auction, who told me that Westlake would need to call them to hold my vehicle from sale, which they had scheduled for Thursday, October 2nd. I called Westlake again, and was passed off to some woman, who told me that the only way I could prevent my vehicle from going for sale was to pay the repossession fee, storage fee, another payment, plus other fees.

I did not have all this money they wanted. I was also suspicious that they would take that money, if I had had it, and still not hold my vehicle. After all, they had lied about holding it for the other money I sent them. Now, they are sending me notices of money due to complete the balance owed.

Every notice is a higher amount. These people are not only rude, they are incapable to telling the truth, or giving anyone a chance to catch their account up to date without harassment. Had I known the type of business this place practices I would never have signed loan papers to purchase through them.

If I could afford to sue these people I would in a heartbeat. But, I paid my last $3000 on this vehicle, and it has just gone like spit in the wind.

They were not calling me, but were calling my list of 10 references.

Product or Service Mentioned: Westlake Financial Services Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: I prefer them to replace the vehicle they had repossessed with a vehicle of equal or better condition, and of same or newer year and model..

Comments

My car was just repo this morning when i was getting ready to leave for work.I was 2 weeks late.Wtf ive missed payments for and gone longer than 2 weeks do to my work slowing down.He had all my info thing is after the repo left i checked the card he gave me to call them bk after i talked to Wsl the licence plate on my car did not match what on the info the repo left me.

@Anonymous

What repo place repoed your car

WestlakeCustomerService

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously.

We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.

Sounds like you need to pay your bills on time next time. Take some personal responsibility and don't buy a car if you can not make the payments.

18 days late! After 3 days they could take your car. You should have lived up to their end of the deal. Lenders DON'T MAKE MONEY when they take your car back when you haven't made a payment!

Everyone loses. Was an expensive lesson.

@Mr Reasonable

People sometimes go through hard times. I have purchased 8 vehicles in my lifetime and have never heard of any company ever doing there customers like this.

Eventually it will catch up with them and someone or maybe a few people will take them to court. If this company continues to treat customers like this they also will learn a lesson!

@Mr Reasonable

You can't say that...some people have hard times... geesh it happens!!

They don't want them cars anyway... just ready to throw it back out to the next lender.