Ottawa, Ontario

ONLY WANTED TO BORROW $2,000.00 THE LOAN REPRESENTATIVE TRIED TO STEER ME INTO BORROWING $2,510 AT 108% APR. IT SOUNDED A LITTLE DECEITFUL TO ME.

I TOLD HER THAT THIS CALL IS BEING RECORDED AND SHE CONSENTED. THEN FURTHER STATED THAT THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA BY LAW REQUIRES THAT IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL TITLE LOANS START AT A MINIMUM OF $2,610. SO THE OPTION OF GETTING ANYTHING LOWER IS NOT AN OPTION. SHE FURTHER ASSURED ME THAT I CAN CHECK GOOGLE TO VERIFY HER CLAIMS.

AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION, I DECLINED TO TAKE THE LOAN AND QUICKLY DISCOVERED THAT SHE LIED.

THE STATE LAW DOES NOT LIMIT INTEREST RATES ON TITLELOANS OF $2500 OR MORE.

I CALLED HER BACK SHE HUNG UP THE PHONE IN MY FACE. YOU KNOW THE DEAL

Product or Service Mentioned: Westlake Financial Services Auto Loan.

Reason of review: CLASS ACTION LEAD PLAINTIFF.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

WestlakeCustomerService

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Westlake Financial Services. We take all of our customers’ concerns seriously.

We apologize for the negative experience you had with our company.

We do not support this type of customer service, and we are working very hard to make sure that everyone is helped effectively and within a timely manner. If you have any questions about your account, please contact our customer service team at 888-739-9192.