3.8K views

Update by user Mar 30, 2014

hi everyone please email me your name and number and situation directly to clarionla@aol.com we have gathered a great deal of information to move forward with a lawsuit. thanks

Original review posted by user Oct 19, 2011

I am filing a class action lawsuit against westlake financial, the hankey group, wilshire consumer credit, burns national llc, collateral recovery service and w and w auto recovery. if you have had dealings with any of these companies please contact me at clarionla@aol.com.

the companies are illegally repoing cars and going about their collections against the fair credit act. they cannot contact you before 8 am or after 9 pm. they cannot use abusive language, they cannot contact people looking for you etc etc. please contact me if you have had your car repoed or are dealing with these and have experienced abusive or unfair practices. You have rights and the Hankey Group, that owns Westlake Financial is worth 1.5 billion in assets and they need to pay consumers for breaking the law.

Comments

This is a corrupt company Westlake Financial.

ShutClumberSpaniel

What was your final result? Mullen072001@msn.com. I had them do it to me.

Is this still an active thing? Had no warning they said they called my correct number on file.

They did not.

Said they sent it in mail they did not. What can be done about this?

Firefighter_1916@aol.com

to Jay #1404872

What can be done about this??? That's an incredibly simple answer!

YOU caused the repo by YOU not paying YOUR bills on time.

Therefore, when YOU do pay YOUR bills on time, YOU don't cause a repo! That's all there is to it!!!

to Anonymous #1461987

You are very niave. Many people have legitamate reasons for missing a payment (or more).

This company does not even send their loan customers a payment book, nor mail out monthly statements with a tear off to return a payment on a time; like EVERY OTHER legitimate company in this country. I received (1), just one communique' from this lender. I had to photo copy that each time I mailed a payment and wrote on it each time: to please send me invoices monthly!!! They never did.

I missed one payment in December, fell seriously ill the beginning of January, and just as was going out to mail my payments, I found my car was gone! They are supposed to notify you in writing prior to repossession; giving you ample tiime to repay before such extreme measures are leveled against you. No notice - nothing! When I called them, I had to pay (3) payments (the 3rd not due yet), the tow fee, late fees, and administration fee to release the vehicle from the towers that amounted to over $1,200!!

I didn't have that, so the car was gone. Do you think that is alright, for a company to act outside the laws other companies have to work within?

to Dawn Michele #1465598

You have a car that was financed. If you do not have the title I your possession with the line satisfied , the YPU know you owe th ed finance company.

THEY DO NOT NEED NOR DO THE HAVE TO SEND YOU A MONTHLY INVOICE OR A PAYMENT BOOK.

Sorry, your an adult and you signed a contract. You owe, you don't pay as the term is written, then finance company has all the rights to take back the collateral.

Here's how dumb this is! These sorry whining deadbeats think everybody is as dumb as they are and everyone is going to swallow their BS.

Your loan payments include interest. The lender makes money by collecting that interest. Therefore, as even a child could understand, the lender makes the MOST MONEY when the loan is paid till the end and they collect all the interest built into the deal. Any idiot can understand that!

Therefore, to protect the possibility of gaining the MOST PROFIT, they will ONLY do a repo if there's good enough to reason to suspect they will never be able to have that loan go to full term!

What these dummy deadbeats want you to think is for absolutely no reason, they did a repo on the best customer in the world thus eliminating the possibility of collecting the most interest and profit! Fellow serial deadbeats will believe them but anybody with half a brain can very easily see thru their charade!

to Anonymous #1461994

You are even more naive the person who commented above you! This company has an interest rate (24%) over many of the worst credit cards out there.

They take on the high risk loans ONLY; knowing full well in advance MOST customers with less than sterling credit will falter at some point. My loan was on a car for $3,500. I paid three payments of $350 so they got $1, 050, then read above how they illegally took my car back; no doubt, it was swiftly resold somewhere for another A$3, 500; or sold it at auction for at least $3,000; and so they have revolving accounts that are not from borrowers interest, but re-selling illegally obtained cars: over and over and over again. That beats waiting for their money to trickle back in legitimate loan payments!

They also hire collection agencies that pose as government officials out to put a tax lien on your other property - which TOTALLY illegal also. You are the one who needs to be re-educated.

#1381933

It fall these sorry deadbeats were to meet in one building, the EPA would need to close down the block and demolish the building due to the smell. You won't find people who pay on time whining about a law suit because the only cry babies are the habitual deadbeats who just can't stand the consequences THEY brought upon themselves for not paying on time! You sorry deadbeats are a disgrace to this country.

ANOTHER DEADBEAT LEGAL EXPERT WHINER!

You don't know what you're talking about. Westlake is a subprime deadbeat lender who does business with you sorry, serial deadbeats because the banks won't touch you because of your track record of NOT paying your bills.

(Real solid citizens here!). Westlake is a FIRST party collector. The FDCPA does NOT apply to ANY first party collector. I guess it's s but over the head of you sorry deadbeats to understand but if you don't want bill collectors calling you, doing repo's or suing you, pay your bills on time.

Guess what?

It works 100% of the time! Thanks for the laughs and no, I don't work for them!

to Anonymous #1461996

They are a lender, not a collector! They hire collectors who illegally represent themselves as government officials out to put liens on your property if you default on an original loan.

They do not even attempt to collect their own payments! They do not mail monthly invoices, with a tear off bottom and envelope to return payments on time. Read my two posts above. Every legitimate company encourages timely payments by doing so.

I received only one communication from this loan company prior to an illegal repossession. After the fact, they can afford a stamp to make settlement offers though!

Not everyone in America has sterling credit. That is why these sharks are in the water, charging 24% interest, and encouraging NON payment, so they resell the same car over and over and over, and make even MORE than high interest loans would ever bear out.

Ksmith64
Gilbert, Arizona, United States #1338649

Please include me I can provide any paperwork u may need I wasn't late I was early every month and they repo cuz car got impounded where was that in my contract nowhere

to Ksmith64 #1393888

They are the lienholder and they are on the hook when the car gets impounded. This is common place and happens everyday.

Dundee, Florida, United States #1138334

I too have had many bad dealings with Westlake Financial. I have had my SUV repoed twice now just a couple days after my payment due date.

They have contacted my family wanting to know when I plan to pay my bill.

They have called at 7am and as late as 10:30pm!! I have been belittled because my payment is not made on time and when I try to explain to them they interrupt and will not let me explain.

to Jackey #1358406

Guess what? When YOU pay on time LIKE YOU AGREED, they never call you, they never repo you! Neither you nor anyone else is entitled to a free car and no, I don't work for them!

to Anonymous #1384889

I like how you add “no I don’t work for them!” After every post... kinda makes us all think you do because they’re not aloud to harass but if you do it anonymously

to Debbie #1386109

Do you have an intelligent point-by-point rebuttal or is your comment simply indicative of a limited mental capacity?

to Anonymous #1436914

With all due respect my mothers is paid early an guess what they claim she is now 2 months behind an in my state a repo is done at 3 months not 2 an threatened her with a repo. Now I have already contacted a lawyer with all proofs of payment an her new bill so please explain this one . They contact me my husband my son and harass us at all hours 6-7 times a day.

to Anonymous #1461998

That is true, but everyone is entitled to fair lending practices, and written notice of an intent to repossess property. This company abides by no rules whatsoever. Read my posts above.

My vehicle was repossessed and I've had many of the issues you stated with this company I see that the lawsuit is already over with is there anything that I can do they auction the van