Norfolk, Virginia
2.8K views

I have read several complaints about Westlake Finance. I work for a Car Dealer and arrange many loans with Westlake and find they are Great to deal with. If you really think about it, Westlake Finance is one of the few companies around that is willing to give customers a second, third or fourth chance. In the most recent financial climate, there are not many lenders that will give customer's a second chance after they have a bankruptcy, 1 or more repo's, no prior credit, or no good credit in their credit report. Many people who finance with Westlake are customers looking for a second chance and should be thankful that there was someone that would help them. I will assure you that as long as you make your payments when they are due, you will probably never hear from them and if you have a problem, I only hope you would communicate it to them. Unfortunately, the people that complain are the customers that still haven't learned to make their payments on time and don't contact Westlake before their payment is due. If you make your payments to Westlake on time, they are an excellent reference and they report to the credit bureau's. They also offer better rates after you are able to improve your credit rating. If you have a complaint, I am sure there is a reason! JUST GROW UP! PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME! BE THANKFUL THEY WERE THERE TO HELP! If you don't pay on time, your phone is probably disconnected and they will call you references to track you down and they will take your car when they are able to find it, but of course, that shouldn't be a surprise! You probably already had another lender take your old car and that's why you had to finance at Westlake in the first place!

I feel I had to say something positive! Give Westlake and other lenders a break! They allowed you to purchase a car so you could go to work and earn a living, so don't complain, just pay them as you agreed to in your contract and everyone will be happy!

Marty S.

Baltimore, Md.

Product or Service Mentioned: Westlake Financial Services Loan.

Comments

I have a car loan with westlake since 2013 and I have just 2 months left to pay off, never had any problem till now, always paid my car on time same day or 1 day before. I just hope they send my tittle fast when i payoff

First of all Marty. Obviously you have never been without and you sound like an aetheist.

The comment made was a bit immature and childish in manner. People do hit hard times it has nothing to do with not working there are various factors that come into play as to why certain things occurr some legitimate some are not. But from an educated standpoint you got on here just to make yourself look like a prominent positive factor I guess because growing up you never got any attention. See you dont work you dont eat.

There are some that work and still cant eat. So the characterization of a narcistic comment should have been kept. You may be a dealer today but just like God giveth he also taketh and what you have today can be gone tommorow including your job.

You see in this life there is only two things thats promised. Thats either life or death!

martyvem

It was great finding someone that has had a good experience with Westlake! I have many customers that have now financed their 2nd and 3rd vehicles with Westlake and have found that their interest rates are much lower then the original interest rate.

I also have a couple of customers that I have been able to obtain prime financing. I know people think I work for Westlake, I have been in the car business for years and work for a dealer, but I have never worked for Westlake! If customers are really trying to obtain credit without a co-maker or obtain credit after a bankruptcy or repossession, they will give you the second chance! Of course, if you get the second chance and don't make your payments, you will be one of the typical complainers that always have something say!

If you make your payments the way you are suppose to, you probably won't ever deal with anyone at Westlake, but, if you think they owe you something, or don't make your payments on time, I will assure you they will be contacting you!

I totally agree with you! I have had my car for over a year now and have paid on time, I am just wondering when will they report this to the credit bureaus if at all.

martyvem

yea Anonymous, you are so smart, but still haven't learned to read or write! People like you should be thankful to have a lender that is willing to give them another chance, otherwise, you would be walking, but it sounds like you know that because you probably are walking! Thanks for your intelligent comment!

Westlake is a fake to Marty line your pockets wit the 1000 too 1500 they pay pure unit to u an then it added back on to sellers contract as fees that why dealers love them it fast money

#920050

Ann,

As I said last time, you are the typical complainer and nothing will ever make you happy!

Because of you excellent credit (lol) you probably never dealt with a real bank, so let me assure you that they also charge a $5 fee if the payment is made over the internet! Of course, you will never be able to experience that since you don't pay your bills on time!

I even wonder if you still have the car or if it has been repossessed by now! Westlake does report to the credit bureau's and do have good rates for people that pay their bills on time. When you say that they call you on a regular basis, that tells me that they need to remind you go pay because you still haven't learned . The customers that pay on time never experience the calls that you get so they don't know what you're talking about, but the customers that don't pay on time know what you are talking about!

Westlake gave you another chance even when your bank said No! They expect to get the payment on time and since you don't pay on time, you force them to call you! They know you don't pay on time and even though they gave you another chance to improve your credit and qualify for a better interest rate next time you buy a vehicle, you never will! So please, grow up, don't complain, learn to pay no later then the due date and the phone calls will probably stop!

However, I think you will never will experience that because you wouldn't have anything to complain about! What would do then!

Stop Complaining!

I have had to make 2 payments, and was just wondering if they reported. Guess tie will only tell.

I am dead beat that didn't pay her bills, and had to join WLF to help me out, now that I am more stable. Let's see how this goes...

I had to call them the other day to make sure they were planning

to take my payment out from direct deposit.. they were a day late.

Got a loan with Westlake back in August. I've made 6 on-time payments now, and paid some extra.

Discovered in December that they're not reporting my loan at all to the credit bureaus, been fighting with them ever since. Customer service reps very little help. I keep getting told that something doesn't match in their records with my social security # and address but I've checked and verified with the 3 major credit bureaus and my address history for the last 8 years matches with all 3 of them. Westlake seems to be able to tell me any more than that.

They can't tell me what specifically doesn't match, what exactly the problem is. I asked if they could verify that they even have the correct SSN on the account and they won't even do that. They tell me that all they see on my account info on their computer is the last 4 digits of my SSN, for security reasons. Fine, I get that.

But when I specifically ask to have it verified that they even have my # on the account, why can't they do that?!? I keep hitting a brick wall. How could all of my information be good enough for them to give me the loan in the first place but not good enough for them to report it's existence?The point of getting this loan was to improve my credit but what good can it possibly do me to keep making my payments if they WILL NOT report it? The only solution they've offered is for me to go to the nearest Social Security office (an hour away) and get something called a NUMI letter, then mail it to Westlake.

Yet according to the Social Security website, this NUMI thing is only available my written mail request, along with a check for $16. ????? Now I have to wait til Monday to call the SS office and try to get some info. The last person I talked to at Westlake got a nice earful.

I told her they could come and take the car for all I care, because if they refuse to report that my loan and payments exist, then how could they possibly justify reporting a repossession? So frustrated!!!!

#920022
@JEC

They don't report it until vehicle paid off. They will report it.

I'm on second finance from them they are great. You don't see reporting but credit companies have it on file.

I have been trying to get the mail stopped from this so call business for 5 *** years. The person that is on the envelope DOSE NOT LIVE AT SAID ADDRESS!!!

I have sent the mail back and still they can not get it right!!! How Dumb are these people!!!

If someone does not live at the address then they dont live their!!! So STOP MAILING ME THE MAIL AND LEARN *** TO DO YOUR JOB!!!!

Ann,

You sound like the typical complainer and have no appreciation for the fact that Westlake gave you the opportunity to get a vehicle where nobody else would. You think Westlake owes you something...they don't.

You were able to get a vehicle when nobody else would let you drive. You should learn to be a more responsible person by paying your bills on time and they won't bother you.

There are many second chance finance sources and I can assure you that if you are financing with any of them, they will make sure you pay on time and if you are still making excuses why you cant pay, you haven't learned your lesson. If you continue to not pay in a timely fashion, who do you think will finance your next car?

#619064
@martyvem

I'm tired of people like you posting on here that the only reason why anyone has a loan at Westlake is because they were the only ones that would give them a loan because of bad credit........just for your info. I have a loan with Westlake for other reasons not because of bad credit.

I'm sure that there are others as well. I think you need to pick your words wisely and quit belittling others for voicing there opinions about a Company that you don't have to deal with personally. What upsets me about this Company is that they will start calling you before your payment is due and continue to do so until you make the payment and the calls start all over again.

They shouldn't call unless your payment is late. Just saying.......

martyvem

It was good to hear from a Westlake Customer that makes their payments on time. Customers do have problems at times and are forced to finance at places like Westlake because it's the only place willing to lend money after the credit issues.

Westlake has excellent rates for people with good credit and if you make your payments on time, your credit is re-established and you can get better rates at your bank. It;s the customers that still don't pay Westlaake when the payments are due that complain.

They need to grow up and understand that Westlake gave them the opportunity to get a vehicle when no one else would and they also have the opportunity to improve their credit rating if they pay on time. Stop making excuses when they call, just pay on time like you agreed and they wont bother you!

Marty

@Matthew Jenkins

Westlake plays with money and is wrong I wonder how many out there bought a car or truck through them and looked at the contract too see they paid 1000-1500 more for the auto then listed its fraud an jail time for some I had the problem and turned contract over to state to get looked over I do see were the FTC is fining dealerships big bucks like millions for this problem is it worth it car guys

MARTVYM YOU SOUND LIKE A CLEANER FOR THEIR PR DEPARTMENT. CALLING OR CATEGORIZING CUSTOMERS AS DEADBEATS OR LOSER IS YOURS, WESTLAKE FINANCIAL AND THEIR STAFF'S BIGGEST PROBLEM.

BECAUSE WITHOUT THESE DEADBEATS AND LOSER WESTLAKE FINANCIAL WOULD NOT BE YES BE A $1 BILLION COMPANY (CHECK THEIR FINANCIAL REPORT). WAIT A MINUTE DEADBEATS AND LOSERS DON'T PAY THEIR BILL!

I CAN TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE MORE VALID COMPLAINT WITH THIS COMPANY. HOW CAN YOU DISPUTE THE FACT THEY CALL AND HARRASS PEOPLE BEFORE THE BILL IS DUE, IT HAPPEND TO ME. HOW CAN YOU DISPUTE THE FACT THAT THESE CALLS CONTINUES EVEN WHEN ASKED TO STOP?

IT HAPPEND TO ME. HOW CAN YOU DISPUTE THE FACT THAT THEY CHARGE $3 TO MAKE A PAYMENT AT THEIR OWN BANK, THEY CHARGE $5 TO MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE (LETS NOT GO DOWN WESTERN UNION PATH)? IT HAPPEND TO ME. EVEN WHEN PEOPLE CALL AND MAKE ARRAGEMENT ( LOSER AND DEADBETS TEND NOT TO DO THING LIKE THAT) WESTLAKE FINANCIAL CONTINUES TO MAKE HARRASSMENT PHONE CALL 4-5 TIMES A DAY STARTING 7AM-9PM, THIS HAS HAPPEND TO ME.FINALLY DO YOU THINK THAT WESTLAKE FINANCIAL WOULD BE A BILLION DOLLAR COMIPANY TODAY IF THEY HAD DISCLOSED EVERYTHING THAT I HAD MENTION BECAUSE THAT DIDN'T HAPPEND TO ME.

I LOOKED AT MY LOAN DOCUMENT NO WHERE IN THERE DOES THAT DISCLOSURE EXIST, IF I WAS MADE AWARE OF THIS I WOULD HAVE NEVER SIGNED FOR THE LOAN.

I HAVE NEVER HAD A REPO.,(THIS IS MY FIFTH CAR) I HAVE NEVER FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY. YES DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES I DID HAVE SLOW PAY BUT THEY WERE ALL PAID IN FULL.

WESTLAKE FINANCIAL IS A TRIBAL LOAN COMPANY (LOOK THAT UP YOU WON'T BE ALL BULLY FOR WF). IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH THAT THEY CHARGE A RIDICULOUS % RATE, WHICH WAS THE ONLY THING I AGREED TO, BUT THE CHARGE YOU A FEE TO MAKE YOUR OWN PAYMENT INTO THEIR OWN ACCOUNT, THEY LIE TO YOU, THEY ARE RUDE AND HARRASSING.

I am currently a westlake customer, I have made payments on my vehicle for three years. Never had any harrassing phone calls,And they have never been rude to me.If you sign a contract to make payments on a certain date you should do so, So dont complain when they call you and ask for a payment you promised you would make on a certain date!

I am by for a wealthy american, But i do whatever is necessary to do what i promised i would do in the contract i signed. So if your not going to sacrifice things in your life to make your payments on time You should not have bought the vehicle in the first place.

lucy lu,

You are really the smart one! You went and found a car you like so it doesn't take too much intelligence to have it checked out.

Anyway, you said you drove it for a about 18 months before you realized it was in a previous accident. I'm sure you never saw the ad on TV saying "Show me the Car Fax". Putting that aside, vehicles are repaired all the time and it's obvious that the vehicle must have been repaired properly. I'm not sure how old the vehicle was but a new Suburban is around $60,000.

Based on what you said, the vehicle was probably involved in an accident and repaired but that sure doesn't make it a piece of junk because it does cost money to repair it properly. Take some responsibility for not checking out the car before you bought it! Let me ask, so why is this Westlake's problem? They gave you another chance after your credit issues and you did it again!

So how many Repo's is that now? Most state require vehicles to pass a state inspection when a dealer sells a vehicle so if California requires a state inspection and the vehicle passed, it wouldn't make a difference about the damage. I live on the East Coast and we show our customers the Car Fax Vehicle History report and we probably wouldn't sell a vehicle with that much repaired damage, and if we would, we would definitely tell the customer as any reputable dealer would. Of course, that's the only reason you were able to get the used Suburban because if it was original without being repaired, you would never have been able to afford it!

Again, Westlake did nothing wrong, they had to Repo the car, sell it at auction, and they should hold you responsible for any loss.

Of course, since this probably wasn't your first repo, you should know that you owe the bank for any deficiency balance. You will always be a loser!

Makoinen-Suomi,

First, let me assure you that I do not work for Westlake and I have never worked for Westlake. I have dealt with Westlake and have assisted many second chance customers finance vehicles with Westlake.

There are so many customers that need a second chance and there are not many places that will give them a second chance. I learned many years ago that there are people that can't pay and people that won't pay and that's the difference between customers. Most of the customers that I have assisted are people that really needed a second chance and have taken advantage of rebuilding their credit after having credit issues and have come back to me after paying off their Westlake loan. I listen to the stories they tell me about Westlake and they definitely don't complain like some of the losers here.

Most of them appreciated the fact that there was someone that would give them a second chance, they paid their loan and now they can get preferred financing. There are others that have never paid anybody, Westlake gave them another chance and they are the one's that I read about here! It's always someone's fault, Westlake this and Westlake that, what ***! They were losers before and will always be losers!

They will place the blame on everybody but themselves and never stop complaining. That should grow up but they never will!

They should be thankful they didn't have to buy from a Buy Here Pay here lot, but after they don't make their payments to Westlake, they will learn to walk! I love hearing them complain that Westlake was smarter then they were, they complain that Westlake called their references, what a shame, now even their friend know that they are losers, but I'm sure they already knew that!